Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Day 2: Upper Tampa Bay park and Blue Jays vs Orioles baseball


For my first hike in Tampa,  I selected a park near to where I was staying. I was quite pleased with my choice.  As the temperature was already hot and the day quite humid,  Upper Tampa Bay park offered three trails,  all of short duration, each about one mile in length.

The first was the most interesting as I came upon an ibis rookery. There were six sitting in the brackish water and another half dozen in the surrounding trees.


No alligators or manatees yet.














Saw Bautista hit and Tuliwitsky field. Sell out crowd in 80f/80% humidity with nary a shaded seat. 

I must admit that the Blue Jays spring training facility has as much personality as Rogers center.  And I think that Rogers center looks like an industrial facility. 

On the other hand,  I was seated right along the first base line, about six rows in, and had a great view of the game. 

You can see in the pictures how blue the sky is and cloudless. It was all out sunscreen.  And I used the program to keep my legs covered. 






No comments:

Post a Comment